Little Box Brownie: Passionfruit & White Chocolate Mousse

Passionfruit & White Chocolate Mousse



Happy Birthday to my little sister who turns 25 today!!! I hope you have had a great day and enjoyed your weekend. We went to a little restaurant called seamstress on Friday, in Melbourne's CBD to celebrate. I was running late so unfortunately arrived after dinner, I can highly recommend the water though :)

She had made herself a beautiful chocolate cake, I know very slack of me not to make her one. But in my defence, she has been trying out her cake decorating skills so wanted to make a very glamourous cake, which I have absolutely no skill in doing. I have always wanted to do a course in it, however sadly have never really got around to it. Oh well one day. In the mean time a white chocolate and passionfruit mousse will have to do. Enjoy.




Passionfruit & White Chocolate Mousse

150g white chocolate
2 egg whites
40g sugar
100ml cream
2 passionfruit

Melt the chocolate in a double boiler or in the microwave, then set aside to cool slightly.
Whisk the egg whites in a bowl until stiff, then slowly add the sugar and whisk until the mixture is glossy.
In a separate bowl beat the cream until soft peaks form. Slowly fold half of the cream into the egg whites. Then fold in the chocolate and then the remaining cream and passionfruit. Spoon into a dish and place in the refrigerator for 3 hours