Little Box Brownie: Cheese Cake Brownies

Cheese Cake Brownies


I was babysitting a friends children earlier this week, and I was it total heaven. Not only did I get a scrumptious meal cooked for me, a honeycomb magnum (ice cream), I also got a pile of her great food magazines to keep me occupied all night.
I love flicking through food magazines, my heart skips a beat and I get so excited and enthusiastic when I look at them, thousands of ideas run through my head. How did they do that? Wow look at that prop! What could I make? How could I photograph it? I don't get excited about much but food that is presented and photographed well makes me so happy, it just so inspiring. This next recipe is inspired by my night of indulgent magazine flicking.





Chocolate and Raspberry Cheese Cake Brownie

Brownie

280g butter
250g chocolate
2 cups brown sugar
4 eggs
1/2 cup flour

Cheese cake

250g cream cheese
1/3 cup white sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla paste
As many raspberries want (I used frozen ones)

Pre heat oven to 180

In a saucepan heat butter and chocolate until melted, remove from heat and set aside.
In a separate bowl combine sugar, flour and eggs and stir until combined.  Stir through the chocolate mixture,  and pour into a 30 x 20cm tray.

To make the cheese cake mixture, place the cream cheese, sugar, egg and vanilla paste into a electric beater and beat until smooth. Spoon the cream cheese mix into the brownie mixture and use a knife to add swirls, then press the raspberries into the mixture. Bake for 40 minutes or until cooked.