Little Box Brownie: Celebration Chocolate Cake

Celebration Chocolate Cake



This past year has flown by, one year ago today Little Box Brownie was born. I started the blog with no idea how it would go, how long it would continue or where it would head. In fact the first 6 months I kept Little Box Brownie to myself as I was unsure about the whole idea. It wasn't until the start of this year I actually started to tell people the blog existed and put it out there into the big wide world for others to see. I am so overjoyed to see how people have responded to Little Box Brownie and how they have embraced it. I wanted to say a huge thank you to each and everyone of you for all your support and words of encouragement over the past year. If anyone anywhere is thinking of starting a blog all I can say is go for it!! It has been so rewarding. I know the whole idea is daunting and you think wow how could I ever put myself, my words and my work out there. But really its amazing how people respond and where your photos pop up in the world wide web. One step at a time, is all it takes, all you have to do is start.
So I leave you with this decadent little chocolate cake to celebrate our 1st Birthday. 











Chocolate Cake

2 cups plain flour
3/4 cup cocoa powder
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder

2 cups white sugar
1 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 eggs
1 teaspoons vanilla essence
1 cup hot instant coffee

Sift flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and baking powder together add the sugar and stir through. In a separate bowl combine the buttermilk, oil, eggs, essence and coffee. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir to combine. Pour into two lined 20cm cake tins, and bake for 40minutes or until cooked.

250g chocolate
200g butter at room temperature
2 cups icing sugar
2 tablespoons cocoa powder

Heat the chocolate in the microwave until melted, then leave to cool slightly.
Place the butter in a bowl and beat with an electric beater, sift in the icing sugar and cocoa powder and beat until smooth and fluffy. Pour in the chocolate and beat until smooth.