Little Box Brownie: Chocolate Pudding for two

Chocolate Pudding for two




The winter months are slowly creeping in on us down here in Melbourne. I love winter time, I know most people find winter dull, and can't wait for summer, but I think winter is snug and beautiful. That's why two years ago I packed up and left Brisbane, to come to Melbourne so I could enjoy the seasons. I love coming in from the cold to a nice warm house. I would love to have a roaring, crackling fire to come home to, it seems such a romantic notion. My little heater will have to do for now. One day though, I'll sit near a roaring fire eating this next recipe. Like a scene from a movie, a girl can dream!! Nom nom nom :)









 Chocolate Self Saucing Pudding

1 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 cup white sugar
1/4 cup cocoa powder
2/3 cup milk
50g melted butter
1 teaspoon vanilla essence

Sauce
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1 cup hot water

Pre heat the oven to 180C

Sift the flour, baking powder and cocoa into a bowl, add the sugar. Combine the milk, butter and vanilla essence together and add to the dry ingredients, stir until well combined. pour into a baking dish or frypan and spread the mixture out. Top the mixture with the brown sugar, cocoa powder and then pour over the water. Place in the oven and cook for 50 minutes or until cooked.